Wednesday, October 12, 2016

When She Called Me Forth

My intention was about the craft of the wise otherwise known as wtichcraft and the most misunderstood craft for centuries. I was going to write about it and explain why it's so feared and explain what it really is and how far it goes back in many cultures throughout the world but the words wouldn't come. So in expressing my frustration with my sister she suggested:Why don't you write about your self and how you were called to this path. My answer was that no one would be interested. But in thinking it over the subject, I might as well tell my personal story and perhaps it may clear some misconceptions and help those who are on a similar journey.

It started in my late twenties at the work place out of all places. I was reading a book on Celtic mythology and my boss came up picked up my book and started telling me the meaning behind some of the stories. I listened with interest and gave him my own opinion on fairy tales and story telling and the symbolism behind it. He then opened his shirt collar and showed me his pentacle and told me that he was a witch and practiced the craft. He told me did you know that you are one too and this comes natural to you? I was a bit baffled by his statement  but knowing my history of being a sensitive and being called the little witch in childhood (not in a complimantary way either), It felt true, He then asked me to discuss it over lunch with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment